Eat Sleep DSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» "Poison Ivy"
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm by AJracer33a

» Project Onyx
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 pm by Onyx

» Hey Guys
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:25 pm by Onyx

» WOT Tuning Basics
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm by AJracer33a

» new to the forum/me member on fb
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm by AJracer33a

» DSM beginner
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:51 pm by AJracer33a

» 4G37 Timing Belt Install Gone Wrong
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 am by SafetyAl

»  '93 7 Bolt 4G63T
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:04 pm by crazyccustoms666

» My DSM History
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm by pointblank9957

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater"

92tsifwd
    92tsifwd
    ESD Moderator
    ESD Moderator

Car : 92 Talon TSi FWD

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Empty 92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater"

Post by 92tsifwd

This is my journal for my 92 Talon TSi FWD.

Let me just start off with a brief history of the car from when I bought it to the present.

I bought the car on October 29, 2011 from a kid near Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania for $1600. Cant remember exactly where at the moment. The car had 181K miles. The kid told me he was selling it because he had gotten alot of points on his license for speeding in it and cops would follow him. Heres what he told me about the car, I dont know whats true and not becuase there was no proof so Ill just take his word for it for now untill I find out otherwise. He said it was red and grey when he got it so he spray painted it flat black, which came out pretty good except for a few spots that he missed like around the mirrors but oh well. He said it had a brand new clipped and ported 14b turbo with 200 miles. He said the trans was rebuilt and had only 13K on it. He told me there was a boost leak from one of the stock intercooler hoses. He had a front mount intercooler mounted on it. Piping was all in the back seat. He also said there was a leak on the top of the fuel tank. It had 18 inch rims but Im unsure of the brand. He told me he rolled out the rear quarter pannels a little for clearance but the passenger side tire still rubs a little when you hit a bump. He told me he had cut the springs. And he said the exhaust was off at the cat but could be easily hooked back up. He said he did an A/C delete and a P/S delete. I brought it home and started work. I bought a new gas tank and installed it. Turns out the old tank was leaking from the fuel line that comes out of the back of the tank. I replaced about 3 feet of the fuel line due to severe rusting and it just broke all over the place when replacing the tank. I replaced all of the intercooler hoses to the side mount, which was pointless because it did not fix the boost leak at all. I painted the valve cover black and sealed up the valve cover gasket with RTV to stop a bad oil leak. I took apart the throttle body and cleaned it real good with carb cleaner and I replaced the o-ring on the BISS. I sealed the throttle body gaskets with RTV as a temporary fix. It evened out the idle a little bit and fixed some of the boost leak. The car was idling at 3000RPMs, I still need to make adjustments to the BISS though becuase the idle is a little low now but I want to fix the boost leak first because it still surges a tiny bit. I fixed the shifter linkage because he had it rigged with a zip tie and a safety pin? I dont know what he was thinking on that one. The rear drivers side rim was bent so I put some bead sealer in there and hammered it back. It had no radio so I installed an old pioneer unit my buddy gave me. I mounted 6x9 pioneer speakers in the back, which came out pretty nice I think. I hooked the power steering back up becuase I think its a pain in the ass to drive a car without it. I gave it a much needed oil change. While under the car doing the fuel tank I noticed that the exhaust is in fact disconnected at the cat but is not fixable the bolt head rusted right off. Also it is broken at the actual muffler flange by the rear wheel.

Now for my plans, these will be pretty vague for now due to the fact that Im still fixing up the car a little and trying to work out the kinks.
    New motor
    Upgraded forced induction system
    Upgraded fuel system
    Upgraded internals and stroker kit
    AWD Conversion (I have everything except the rear sub frame)
    Racing trans and clutch kit.
    Turbo back exhaust system
    Targa top converstion

This is what I will be doing in the near future to make it suitable for everyday drivng since it is currently my daily driver.

Removing the cut springs and installing lowering springs
    Installing a cat back exhaust
    Constructing a boost leak tester and fixing the boost leak.
    Giving it a full tune up
    New power steering pump
    New alternator
    New battery
    New brakes and rotors
    New wipers

My goal is for my DSM to make those rich kids that all drive around in STIs and GTIs in my town wish that their mommy and daddy bought them a DSM instead!
    I want it to be a sleeper. Exterior and Interior completely stock except for rims, a few gauges, front mount and exhaust. Drop it a few inches, paint it a nice black, black rims, smoked tails, tinted windows, and some nice black headlight covers. =) A nice "Sleeper" look.

I will post pictures of the car as it sits and also before and after pics everytime I do work on it.
    I will update this as I make progress and keep everyone up to date!

Thanks and stay tuned!
    Kurt

January 23, 2012

I took her to Jersey and back last week to pick up my cousin and we made it there and back without really any problems. My gas gauge took a crap for half the ride but other than that and my back seats getting extremely hot, it went pretty well. Before we left I had my exhaust welded back together because it was off at the cat and by the rear wheel. Im guessing there is no heat shield in the back though because my back seats get really hot since the exhaust is connected back there now. Is that dangerous or just an inconvenience? Anyways, my brother has been driving my car for the past couple of weeks due to me wrecking his 2g. We finally got his put back together and sent it to the body shop last week for some final touches and paint. So he calls me the other day and says my car is sitting outside his work. Im like ok....???? He goes ya it wont start. Im thinking, crap there goes my alternator. So I told him to get it tested. Then he calls me back and says its not getting spark. So Im assuming its now my coil pack that seems to be the root of alot of my problem. That would explain the studdering I was experiencing. It was like it was only it was only running on 3 cylinders. But before I go and buy the new coil I wanna test it with a digital meter to make sure its really the problem. Anyone know how to test one with a meter and what would be the normal reading I should get if it was good? If I had the money I would just get the coil on plug setup but I cant afford that right now so I will probably getting a junkyard coil pack for now since I cant find anyone that has one to sell me. It would be awesome if I really didnt have a boost leak and it just turned out that this was the root of all my problems. Wouldnt that be great? Haahaa what am I thinking? Its a DSM... Shits never that easy! LMFAO

January 25, 2012

*Tsk Tsk Tsk* Now she started right up WTF???? Bipolar

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon7
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon6
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon8
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Rim
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Enginebay2
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Enginbay
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Boostguage
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon3
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon2
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Cbr
    Share this post on: reddit

92tsifwd

Post Sat May 05, 2012 11:54 pm by 92tsifwd

Going to harry's tomorrow. Hopefully they have something. That Fig guy told me $600 for a 2g trans said they will work. So I will look for a 2G Spyder GS-T trans =) hahahah
    92tsifwd

Post Mon May 07, 2012 12:03 pm by 92tsifwd

Coulnt find a tranny at the junkyard but found one for sale. Comes with Stage 1 Exedy Clutch, SS Clutch lines, and some random parts for $300. Im pretty happy with that. Going to pick it up next weekend.
    92tsifwd

Post Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 am by 92tsifwd

UPDATE:
    5/15/12

So I got the trans on saturday and spent all day sunday putting it in. I started it up but my clutch wont engage so I need to do some tinkering with the lines and bleeding it. Hopefully after some adjustments it will work. I didnt have the right alignment tool for the Exedy clutch so I did the best I could with what I had but trans bolted up fine. Gonna get back at it probably thursday because thats when this stupid rain is supposed to stop.
    Heres some pics!

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon27
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon26
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon24
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon23
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon16
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon17
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon19
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon20
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon21
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 Talon22
    92tsifwd

Post Thu May 17, 2012 7:06 pm by 92tsifwd

So I found out that the I broke the shift linkage cable when I was either removing or installing the trans lol. I had my step-father take it to work today to have it braized. Soon as he gets home I will be installing it and motoring!!! VROOOOOM VROOOOOM. lol. I put the car into 1st gear last night using the levers on the transmission and it moved fine. So the trans install went good. Im quite proud of myself as I did it without a clutch alignment tool.
    92tsifwd

Post Mon May 21, 2012 10:23 pm by 92tsifwd

Car runs and drives! Its hard as hell to get into gear though. I need to add more gear oil. But shes good now!
    AJracer33a

Post Mon May 28, 2012 2:36 am by AJracer33a

Hope all goes well with the Talon being impounded. You gotta save her somehow... Sad
    92tsifwd

Post Mon May 28, 2012 10:04 am by 92tsifwd

I know =( IDK how Im gonna get her out.......
    93blackeclipse

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:42 pm by 93blackeclipse

Hey great build!gotta love the 1gs. what color do plan on painting her?
    92tsifwd

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:25 pm by 92tsifwd

Im torn between three colors acutally, Gloss black, a real dark metallic gray, or getting a proffesional satin flat black spray job. Im liking the flat black alot. But I miss the gloss black of my eclipse.
    93blackeclipse

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:30 pm by 93blackeclipse

I personally love satin black. I think it would look awesome. Thats the color i was going to paint my datsun 210 before i got rid of it.
    AJracer33a

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:11 pm by AJracer33a

I vote for the satin black too!
    92tsifwd

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:35 am by 92tsifwd

Im really considering it. The flat black has grown on me. It says "Sleeper" all day.
    92tsifwd

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 pm by 92tsifwd

So as some of you know I broke my tranny again! I had to slam the gears due to not having the clutch alignment tool and ended up breaking the shift rail inside the tranny. I knew it would happen... Any who, my roommate and I decided we are going to build the Talon for road racing. So, Im looking for another tranny so we can get started. If anyone knows of a 1g FWD 5 Speed Trans for sale please inform me ASAP. Id like to get this build underway. Especially since the DSM Shootout is only a month away. I really would like to make it to that.
    92tsifwd

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:15 pm by 92tsifwd

Update 7/8/12

So I was bored and decided to help Kim shed a few more pounds. I removed the A/C condensor which took out about another 15 pounds. And while I was doing this wouldnt you know I found another problem? The power steering lines that are infront of the condensor and behind my FMIC, they are all rotted and old and leaking. So finally I found where I have been losing all my P/S fluid. This explains all the oil all over my FMIC and the nice coat of oil on my undercarriage. Im guessing these are cooler lines for the P/S. So does anyone know where I can get them? Havent looked at parts stores yet just figured I'd ask on here first. Maybe someone knows?
    AJracer33a

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:51 pm by AJracer33a

92tsifwd wrote:Update 7/8/12

So I was bored and decided to help Kim shed a few more pounds. I removed the A/C condensor which took out about another 15 pounds. And while I was doing this wouldnt you know I found another problem? The power steering lines that are infront of the condensor and behind my FMIC, they are all rotted and old and leaking. So finally I found where I have been losing all my P/S fluid. This explains all the oil all over my FMIC and the nice coat of oil on my undercarriage. Im guessing these are cooler lines for the P/S. So does anyone know where I can get them? Havent looked at parts stores yet just figured I'd ask on here first. Maybe someone knows?

I don't think the power steering lines run down there. Those lines should be for your A/C.

On some automatics (non DSM's) there are lines that run down in that area for the transmission fluid/cooler. But on DSM's, the only lines that go down there are the A/C lines. You should remove them as well.

Unless I am missing something...My 1G only had A/C lines down there. Same with my 2G.
    93blackeclipse

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:17 pm by 93blackeclipse

Are you taking out the a/c junk from under the dash also?
    92tsifwd

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:22 pm by 92tsifwd

Probably not because Im still going to be using my heat during the winter time unless its seperate. I HATE being cold lol.
    92tsifwd

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:37 pm by 92tsifwd

So in the next couple weeks the car is going to be back on the road. Im gonna be getting a new transmission and putting it in with the help of AJ. Gonna remove my back seats, and drop some more weight, clean up the engine bay more, getting piping for my FMIC and getting it hooked up, getting some stock springs, I have a friend in Philly holding a 2.5 inch turbo back Thermal Exhuast so I'll be picking that up, and some new back tires. Only downside to all this is my wife will be the one driving it since my license is suspended and I already have 4 of 6 strikes driving while suspended. But I cant wait to hear her purrrrrrrrr.
    93blackeclipse

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:08 pm by 93blackeclipse

Nice i cant wait. You better post a sound clip up of that exhaust when you get it on. What are you going to do to clean the engine bay up?
    92tsifwd

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:46 am by 92tsifwd

Ya I cant wait to hear it myself. Kinda nervous about how its going to sound.

Update:

So this upcoming week there will be alot going on with my car. I will be getting it pulled up to AJ's dads so we can drop a tranny in it. Tuesday my mother in law and my wife are dropping off an AWD tranny for me that I'm buying from a friend of mine. In order to run this tranny in "FWD Mode" I have to buy whats called a Viscous Coupler Eliminator. Its meant for AWD transmissions to be put on a FWD dyno. In a nutshell it allows you to run the transmission without the transfer case and drive shaft. So Im going to be temporarily running the car like this until I can get to Michigan to get the FWD tranny that I found. But the plus side is I will have an AWD tranny either to convert my car or to sell. So if anyone needs a 1g AWD trans let me know. Also my inspection was up last month so she will be getting 2 back tires, 2 outter tie rod ends and an alignment. Should be getting stock springs very soon as well. So shes got alot of work ahead of her in the next week. I will keep you guys updated and be posting lots of pictures!
    Ev0Stev0

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:04 pm by Ev0Stev0

why are u going to michigan for a FWD trans????? that ridonkulous. just save up a little longer and get a shep build? why waste time and gas to go that far for a dsm trans? lol. unless its a shep. cant u find other FWD trans around u? i never had issues finding that shit years ago. good luck though. glad to see progress. good luck.
    92tsifwd

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:54 pm by 92tsifwd

well I cant find any FWD trannys around me looked high and low. And I dont have the time to save up for a sheptrans. Wish I did. I have to move by next weekend and need to take the car with me. Either way not getting the FWD tranny now doing an AWD tranny with a VCE so I can run it FWD without the T-case. Need to find an AWD starter, AWD flywheel, AWD drivers side axle and a starter plate. Got some work ahead of me with this one but its my only option at the moment. Gotta get this shit done this weekend or Im gonna have to junk the car.
    92tsifwd

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:56 pm by 92tsifwd

Ok so heres what has been going on at the garage. Me and AJ have been busting our asses trying to get his car's front case issue fixed and my transmission fixed. I ordered the VCE for an AWD tranny and ended up finding a 97-99 GST transmission at the local junkyard here. The thing looks rebuilt. Shifts like butter. We had to do a few mods to get it in. I will get into that more in my next posting but right now Im looking for some input. We have come to a road block with my clutch. We couldnt get it do disengage the flywheel so we snooped around and found my Master Cylinder was bad. Bought that today and put it on. Adjusted my pedal bled the lines blah blah. Im almost 100% sure all the air is out of the lines. Slave cylinder will compress by hand like it should as it doesnt even have 100 miles on it. Only problem is it isnt really decompressing like it should. Its very slow. So we are going to try AJ's 2g Slave Cylinder to see what it does. Symptoms are as follows:
    1) Very little clutch resistance
    2) Sometimes clutch sticks to the floor. (Brand new Master Cylinder)
    3) Clutch will not disengage the flywheel and allow me to shift into gear while the car is running.
    92tsifwd

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:36 pm by 92tsifwd

Me and AJ got the 2g tranny in my car which was an entire pain in the ass. Took ours of wiggling and twisting before we realized that it was getting caught on the starter plate. So in order to get the tranny in we had to do some modifications. Had to cut the counter weight off of the linkage are and bend it to look like the 1g shift linkage arm. Put the 1g side to side arm on it. Had to swap the speed sensors because the 1gs use a cable driven sensor. Had to remove the top plate for the mount and pull a stud out so we could make it mount to the 1g engine bay. Also had to hack the hell out of the starter plate.So we finally got it in and all hooked up and I realized I needed a new Clutch Master Cylinder. Got that bled the clutch system and still wont go into gear. We are sure its because of the lower transaxle to motor bolt that is snapped in the block. Every time we push the clutch the tranny seperates from the motor so that would explain why we cant disengage the clutch. It wont allow the tranny to sit flush on the motor so we now are going to pull the motor and tranny and drill out that bold and put it all back together and hopefully it should be right this time. Also did a few "free mods". Hacked MAF, EGR block off, removed a plate from behind the head light.
    Here are some pics so far.
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20120815_190317

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20120815_190307

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20120815_233015

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20120816_201017

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20120816_201048

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20120816_201114

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20120816_201132

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20120816_203920

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20120816_203927

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20120816_203948

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20120816_203944

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20120817_135736

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20120816_201033
    92tsifwd

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:40 pm by 92tsifwd

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 D77E73A7-C8FB-4188-8CF2-EF6D261433D6-71363-00001DD3EA2BA2BD

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 527C8425-8B4D-4EEA-968B-840FA2A9A1ED-71363-00001DD3F533A87B
    93blackeclipse

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:12 pm by 93blackeclipse

Hows the car coming? Have you pulled the motor and tranny yet to fix that bolt?
    AJracer33a

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:25 pm by AJracer33a

He is actually in jail. It is for something stupid. But the car has been sitting since. Hopefully we can continue on with the build soon.
    93blackeclipse

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:55 pm by 93blackeclipse

Oh man that definatley sucks. hopefully he can get back going on it.
    92tsifwd

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:55 pm by 92tsifwd

Im back! Lol nice to be home. Hopefully we can get to work soon. AJ's got my motor and tranny in his car for now. He needs it more than I do anyways I have a suspended license and wont be seeing the drivers seat for quite a while. Soon as he get his motor and tranny Im gonna rip into mine with lots of goodies and a nice fresh rebuild! Till then, maybe do some little TLC chassis and interior wise. Possibly some new paint as well. We'll see how she goes. But thanks to AJ, I no longer have to smash my head against bricks trying to figure out the tranny issue.
    92tsifwd

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:47 pm by 92tsifwd

UPDATE

Next weekend the car will be here at my house after a loooooooooong wait! Im so freaking excited! Ive decided to build along the lines of a Street Driven Road Racing Weekend Warrior kinda deal lol. Looking for 400WHP. Ill be most likely running a T3/T4 TO4E Turbo setup.

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG959975
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG951496
    92tsifwd

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:36 pm by 92tsifwd

Update

At AJ's as we speak. Got my car pulled around and ready to onto the trailer. I sat in it for a min and WOW! I missed tha shit outta my 1g. Cant wait to get her home monday and start working on her!
    dizzzzum

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:39 pm by dizzzzum

Woooooohoooooo
    92tsifwd

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:35 pm by 92tsifwd

UPDATEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

So got the car home! Now Ive started stripping her down for sanding and primer. So far only got the back bumper and tail lights and part of the spoiler off because theres a Tornado Alert and it was pouring rain and windy as hell while I was doing it..... So I guess you could say Im a DSMr lol. Heres some pics!

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130415_193745
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130415_193801
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130415_193816
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130417_151320
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130417_171733
    Oh Ya Im Reppin'
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130419_164526
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130419_183853
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130419_185458
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130419_185510
    92tsifwd

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:31 pm by 92tsifwd

Update

Today I finished stripping the Talon. I found some rust that I wasnt expecting at all. So theres more money and time and work lol. Passenger side rockers are fuuuuuucked. I can almost fit my fist through the hole.Couldnt tell it was there before but as soon as I pulled off the side skirts there it was like a big ugly spider lol. Pics!

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130420_165613
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130420_170430
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130420_171209
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130420_171224
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130420_171420
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130420_171425
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130420_171433
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130420_171448
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130420_171458
    AJracer33a

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:50 pm by AJracer33a

Damn. That is worse than I expected.
    92tsifwd

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:46 pm by 92tsifwd

Ya bro its pretty bad huh?
    AJracer33a

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:55 pm by AJracer33a

Some pretty nasty cancer bro. We will fix it though.

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:18 pm by A.D.D.

damn rust in northern cars Mad
    92tsifwd

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:20 am by 92tsifwd

Ya tell me about it. She'll be clean wen im done with her tho.
    92tsifwd

Post Sun May 19, 2013 9:34 pm by 92tsifwd

Update

Today me and AJ finished removing the dash and interior and finished stripping the engine bay. We're taking a quick break right now then going out to remove the front sub-frame to get ready for some serious upgrading to the suspension! Ill post pics tomorrow when its light out.
    92tsifwd

Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:23 pm by 92tsifwd

Update

So I have acquired 2 parts towards my build so far lol. I got a 93 EPROM ECU and the quarter window trim for both sides. The car was stripped to the frame on the front for suspension work but Im holding off on that for now. Car is going back together to go to my friend's house for paint and bodywork. Then I will be taking her to AJ's house for a motor and suspension build.
    92tsifwd

Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:45 pm by 92tsifwd

Update

So I have acquired 2 parts towards my build so far lol. I got a 93 EPROM ECU and the quarter window trim for both sides. The car was stripped to the frame on the front for suspension work but Im holding off on that for now. Car is going back together to go to my friend's house for paint and bodywork. Then I will be taking her to AJ's house for a motor and suspension build.
     92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 I108892 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130725_110753hotobucket.com/albums/i337/thatdsmguy102/IMG_20130725_110825.jpg" />92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 A<a href=92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" - Page 2 IMG_20130718_112658lbums/i337/thatdsmguy102/IMG_20130725_110743.jpg" />

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:40 am