Eat Sleep DSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» "Poison Ivy"
"Poison Ivy" EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm by AJracer33a

» Project Onyx
"Poison Ivy" EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 pm by Onyx

» Hey Guys
"Poison Ivy" EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:25 pm by Onyx

» WOT Tuning Basics
"Poison Ivy" EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm by AJracer33a

» new to the forum/me member on fb
"Poison Ivy" EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm by AJracer33a

» DSM beginner
"Poison Ivy" EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:51 pm by AJracer33a

» 4G37 Timing Belt Install Gone Wrong
"Poison Ivy" EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 am by SafetyAl

»  '93 7 Bolt 4G63T
"Poison Ivy" EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:04 pm by crazyccustoms666

» My DSM History
"Poison Ivy" EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm by pointblank9957

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm

"Poison Ivy"

AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Car : 95 Talon TSi AWD

1G "Poison Ivy"

Post by AJracer33a

After a long month of not having a DSM to work on since the accident, I finally got a shell. This is a 92 Eclipse GSX. 4 bolt rear. Very clean, zero rust, all around great shell.

We drove down to Montgomery, PA to pick it up off of Wes Ross. I got it for $500 and it came with tons of parts. I havent gone through the parts yet and it was dark when we got there but a couple parts that caught my eye was a brand new Gates Racing blue timing belt and a mint condition Hyundai valve cover. Right there is $250 worth of parts.

It came with all the drivetrain as well as 2 engines. One spun a rod but is complete and the other has a few nicks on the pistons from contact with valves after a timing belt failure. The second one looks to be usable so far and it is a 6 bolt. This was the perfect deal for me.

The engine in Mary didnt receive any damage from the accident, minus a hole in the oil pan after being smashed up against the suspension. But that is no big deal. So that engine will be going in this 1g. I had just built this engine a month and a half prior to the accident. It has a built head with BC 272's and BC valve springs. It was also ported on both intake and exhaust sides.

All the bolt ons from Mary will also be going on this. AFPR, FIC 1600cc. injectors, Fidanza flywheel (if it's in tact), EVO III 16G, etc. I will also be tuning using ECUflash and EVOscan with an Evo ECU. I am very excited to begin this project and will be updating this regularly!

Here, I will keep an updated list of parts and costs invested into this build. I will update this throughout the log and keep it in this post for easy access.

Cost of the car -$500
    VRSF FMIC kit and Innovate LC2 wideband from Boost By Demand -$547
    Hallman in-cabin MBC and aftermarket oil pressure gauge from Eric Barnane -$150
    Non-ABS proportioning valve from Lathan Greiner -$25
    Evo ECU from Carmen Rosario -$103
    Aluminum half radiator from Chris Hosler -$80
    Megan Racing lowering springs from Robert Stohr -$104
    Fidanza 4.3 clutch from Eric Ehn -$350
    Torque Solution driveshaft carrier bearing bushings from Extreme PSI -$42.49
    OEM driveshaft carrier bearing nuts (4) from Extreme PSI -$7.80
    Timing belt tensioner tool (since I keep losing them) from Extreme PSI -$19.95
    OEM auto timing tensioner from Extreme PSI -$102.05
    SS braided clutch line (master to slave) from Extreme PSI -$39
    Paint for engine bay -$33
    Wire sleeve for wiring harness from Summit Race -$16.97
    Fitting for my oil pressure gauge from Summit Racing -$14.97

Total Cost: $2,134.94

"Poison Ivy" 12063510

"Poison Ivy" 12063410

"Poison Ivy" 12049510

"Poison Ivy" 12037910

"Poison Ivy" 12037911

"Poison Ivy" 12033010

"Poison Ivy" 11218710

"Poison Ivy" 11011610

"Poison Ivy" 10953110

"Poison Ivy" 10534510

"Poison Ivy" 10329110

Last edited by AJracer33a on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:02 am; edited 7 times in total
    Share this post on: reddit

AJracer33a

Post Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:58 pm by AJracer33a

Bought some parts today.

Brand new VRSF FMIC kit and Innovate LC2 wideband from Boost By Demand -$547
    Hallman in-cabin MBC and aftermarket oil pressure gauge from Eric Barnane -$150
    Non-ABS proportioning valve from Lathan Greiner -$25
    Evo ECU from Carmen Rosario -$103
    Aluminum half radiator from Chris Hosler -$80
    Megan Racing lowering springs from Robert Stohr -$104
    Fidanza 4.3 clutch from Eric Ehn -$350
    Torque Solution driveshaft carrier bearing bushings from Extreme PSI -$42.49
    OEM driveshaft carrier bearing nuts (4) from Extreme PSI -$7.80
    Timing belt tensioner tool (since I keep losing them) from Extreme PSI -$19.95
    OEM auto timing tensioner from Extreme PSI -$102.05
    SS braided clutch line (master to slave) from Extreme PSI -$39

Total Cost- $1,570.74

Also put my ESD stickers on! Starting to feel a little more like my car now.

"Poison Ivy" 19985_10

"Poison Ivy" 12189810

Last edited by AJracer33a on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:46 am; edited 2 times in total
    AJracer33a

Post Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:48 am by AJracer33a

I decided a couple of days ago that I wanted to paint my engine bay though I was having problems deciding on a color. I surely didn't want to repaint it the same color as the exterior. I really dont like this green all that much. It's a nice color but it doesn't have that *POP* like Mary did. I am so used to having an amazing and rare color DSM. The first thing out of someones mouth (even women) when they seen my car was, "OMG! I love that color!".

I also came to the conclusion that no other color would appropriately go with the green. Initially, I was just going to paint it black- because any color goes with black, even puke yellow. But that is just too plain and I wanted to do things a little different this time around.

So, I finally thought of a color- Lime Green. I was on Google browsing through some engine bay pics and stumbled upon a picture of a 2G engine bay. It was lime green and had a black valve cover with green lettering. I don't usually like lime green but for some reason, it called out to me. It made sense. The car is green. Although lime green is completely different that the green of the 1G, it is still green. So it fit.

The color scheme of the engine bay will be lime green and black. As I stated above, lime green bay with a black valve cover. Everything else with the exception of the purple Greddy BOV, blue and red Aeromotive AFPR, and chrome parts such as the IC piping, will be black. Couplers, oil catch cans, etc. will be black.

I stripped the bay. Removed the wiring harness, windshield wiper motor, injector resistor pack, brake fluid reservoir, fenders, front bumper, bumper support, headlights, everything. I removed all the leaves and cleaned everything with Purple Power. Once I was happy, I applied several coats of primer on the engine bay and radiator support. It turned out pretty good.

Tomorrow, I am going paint the brake booster, sub frame, and cross member braces black. Once that is done, I will tape them up and starting laying some coats of lime green on the bay followed by clear coat. I am extremely excited to see how it turns out. It should look amazing; especially once everything starts going back in.

I brought the wiring harness in the house and started labeling everything. Once everything is labeled, I will remove the factory loom and start deleting everything I don't use (i.e. ABS wiring, emissions, AC, PS, etc). Once everything is removed, I will start prepping for the fuse box relocation.

I will be mounting the fuse box in/on top of the dash. I will be cutting a hole in the dash so the fuse box pops up through the top and is mounted securely. That way when I need to check my fuses, I simply pop the cover off and do what I need. It will also give it more of a race car look which we all know, I'm all about that. It is also different, I love being different, and I have never seen anyone else do this on a DSM before. It should turn out great.

I will also be relocating the power transistor and injector resistor pack inside the car. Not quite sure where I want to mount them yet but they will also be in an easily accessible location.

Here are some pictures of the primer layed onto the bay. I will be finishing the paint tomorrow and I will certainly have pics for you.

"Poison Ivy" 12115610

"Poison Ivy" 12190010

"Poison Ivy" 12190810

"Poison Ivy" 12190910
    AJracer33a

Post Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:34 am by AJracer33a

Woke up today to a box of DSM parts. It is the first of many parts to come in the mail throughout the rest of the week. And to no surprise, it is the parts ordered from Extreme PSI. EPSI, is an amazing DSM vendor (arguably the best DSM vendor) and has incredibly fast shipping. It helps only living a few hours away.

The parts I ordered from them were the OEM auto timing tensioner, Torque Solution driveshaft carrier bearing busings, OEM drivesahft carrier bearing nuts, and SS braided clutch line (master to slave).

"Poison Ivy" 12063411

We went out and began where we left off with the engine bay. We painted the brake booster, sub frame, and cross member braces black. Once they dried, we covered them up and started on the green. I was super excited. It turned out great and it was just the first coat. We ran out of daylight to do any more coats but I managed to grab a few pics before it got too dark. Pics dont do the bay justice. That and the darkness didnt help any either.

"Poison Ivy" 11990510

"Poison Ivy" 12046810

"Poison Ivy" 12049210

"Poison Ivy" 12074510

"Poison Ivy" 12047010

Once I got inside, I started tackling the wiring harness. The engine harness is pretty much complete as far as removing the stuff I dont want like emissions, AC plugs, etc. I am waiting on that wire wrap I ordered from Summit Racing and then I will get it 100% ready to go back into the car.

"Poison Ivy" 12191610

"Poison Ivy" 12190911

"Poison Ivy" 12189710

Tomorrow, we are going up to my dads and getting some more parts off of Mary. I will be using the SS braided front brake lines (master to caliper) since I'm doing an ABS delete to the 1G, they will work. I am hoping to pull the transmission off of the engine in Mary as well to determine if the Fidanza aluminum flywheel is usable. We might take the 18's off of Mary as well as the wheel spacers and see what they look like on the 1G.
    AJracer33a

Post Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:01 am by AJracer33a

Second wave of car parts came in yesterday. The half radiator and Evo ECU. Today, the third was of parts arrived. Fidanza 4.3 clutch with new OEM throw out bearing, wire wrap for the wiring harness and temp sender for my oil pressure gauge from Summit, and the AWD fuel sending unit with Walbro 255 and brand new OEM non cruise cable.

I havent been able to do much on the car the last couple of days but tomorrow, I am hoping to finish the paint in the engine bay so I can start putting things back in. I will post pics tomorrow.

Almost forgot, finally came up with a name for her. Now I'm not too big into the superhero or comic book stuff but a friend suggested me naming the car after a villain from Batman. Her name, Poison Ivy. Once I seen pics of this Poison Ivy, I fell in love. SHE IS SO SEXY!

"Poison Ivy" Poison10

"Poison Ivy" 20151010

"Poison Ivy" 20151011

"Poison Ivy" 20151012

"Poison Ivy" 20151013

"Poison Ivy" 20151014
    AJracer33a

Post Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm by AJracer33a

Didn't get any parts in the mail today but I was able to finish painting the engine bay. It turned out awesome! I can't wait to start seeing the bay come together once I start bolting things in!

"Poison Ivy" 20151015

"Poison Ivy" 20151016

"Poison Ivy" 20151017

"Poison Ivy" 20151018

"Poison Ivy" 20151019

"Poison Ivy" 20151020

"Poison Ivy" 20151021

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:12 am