Eat Sleep DSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» "Poison Ivy"
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm by AJracer33a

» Project Onyx
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 pm by Onyx

» Hey Guys
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:25 pm by Onyx

» WOT Tuning Basics
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm by AJracer33a

» new to the forum/me member on fb
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm by AJracer33a

» DSM beginner
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:51 pm by AJracer33a

» 4G37 Timing Belt Install Gone Wrong
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 am by SafetyAl

»  '93 7 Bolt 4G63T
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:04 pm by crazyccustoms666

» My DSM History
92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm by pointblank9957

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater"

92tsifwd
    92tsifwd
    ESD Moderator
    ESD Moderator

Car : 92 Talon TSi FWD

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Empty 92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater"

Post by 92tsifwd

This is my journal for my 92 Talon TSi FWD.

Let me just start off with a brief history of the car from when I bought it to the present.

I bought the car on October 29, 2011 from a kid near Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania for $1600. Cant remember exactly where at the moment. The car had 181K miles. The kid told me he was selling it because he had gotten alot of points on his license for speeding in it and cops would follow him. Heres what he told me about the car, I dont know whats true and not becuase there was no proof so Ill just take his word for it for now untill I find out otherwise. He said it was red and grey when he got it so he spray painted it flat black, which came out pretty good except for a few spots that he missed like around the mirrors but oh well. He said it had a brand new clipped and ported 14b turbo with 200 miles. He said the trans was rebuilt and had only 13K on it. He told me there was a boost leak from one of the stock intercooler hoses. He had a front mount intercooler mounted on it. Piping was all in the back seat. He also said there was a leak on the top of the fuel tank. It had 18 inch rims but Im unsure of the brand. He told me he rolled out the rear quarter pannels a little for clearance but the passenger side tire still rubs a little when you hit a bump. He told me he had cut the springs. And he said the exhaust was off at the cat but could be easily hooked back up. He said he did an A/C delete and a P/S delete. I brought it home and started work. I bought a new gas tank and installed it. Turns out the old tank was leaking from the fuel line that comes out of the back of the tank. I replaced about 3 feet of the fuel line due to severe rusting and it just broke all over the place when replacing the tank. I replaced all of the intercooler hoses to the side mount, which was pointless because it did not fix the boost leak at all. I painted the valve cover black and sealed up the valve cover gasket with RTV to stop a bad oil leak. I took apart the throttle body and cleaned it real good with carb cleaner and I replaced the o-ring on the BISS. I sealed the throttle body gaskets with RTV as a temporary fix. It evened out the idle a little bit and fixed some of the boost leak. The car was idling at 3000RPMs, I still need to make adjustments to the BISS though becuase the idle is a little low now but I want to fix the boost leak first because it still surges a tiny bit. I fixed the shifter linkage because he had it rigged with a zip tie and a safety pin? I dont know what he was thinking on that one. The rear drivers side rim was bent so I put some bead sealer in there and hammered it back. It had no radio so I installed an old pioneer unit my buddy gave me. I mounted 6x9 pioneer speakers in the back, which came out pretty nice I think. I hooked the power steering back up becuase I think its a pain in the ass to drive a car without it. I gave it a much needed oil change. While under the car doing the fuel tank I noticed that the exhaust is in fact disconnected at the cat but is not fixable the bolt head rusted right off. Also it is broken at the actual muffler flange by the rear wheel.

Now for my plans, these will be pretty vague for now due to the fact that Im still fixing up the car a little and trying to work out the kinks.
    New motor
    Upgraded forced induction system
    Upgraded fuel system
    Upgraded internals and stroker kit
    AWD Conversion (I have everything except the rear sub frame)
    Racing trans and clutch kit.
    Turbo back exhaust system
    Targa top converstion

This is what I will be doing in the near future to make it suitable for everyday drivng since it is currently my daily driver.

Removing the cut springs and installing lowering springs
    Installing a cat back exhaust
    Constructing a boost leak tester and fixing the boost leak.
    Giving it a full tune up
    New power steering pump
    New alternator
    New battery
    New brakes and rotors
    New wipers

My goal is for my DSM to make those rich kids that all drive around in STIs and GTIs in my town wish that their mommy and daddy bought them a DSM instead!
    I want it to be a sleeper. Exterior and Interior completely stock except for rims, a few gauges, front mount and exhaust. Drop it a few inches, paint it a nice black, black rims, smoked tails, tinted windows, and some nice black headlight covers. =) A nice "Sleeper" look.

I will post pictures of the car as it sits and also before and after pics everytime I do work on it.
    I will update this as I make progress and keep everyone up to date!

Thanks and stay tuned!
    Kurt

January 23, 2012

I took her to Jersey and back last week to pick up my cousin and we made it there and back without really any problems. My gas gauge took a crap for half the ride but other than that and my back seats getting extremely hot, it went pretty well. Before we left I had my exhaust welded back together because it was off at the cat and by the rear wheel. Im guessing there is no heat shield in the back though because my back seats get really hot since the exhaust is connected back there now. Is that dangerous or just an inconvenience? Anyways, my brother has been driving my car for the past couple of weeks due to me wrecking his 2g. We finally got his put back together and sent it to the body shop last week for some final touches and paint. So he calls me the other day and says my car is sitting outside his work. Im like ok....???? He goes ya it wont start. Im thinking, crap there goes my alternator. So I told him to get it tested. Then he calls me back and says its not getting spark. So Im assuming its now my coil pack that seems to be the root of alot of my problem. That would explain the studdering I was experiencing. It was like it was only it was only running on 3 cylinders. But before I go and buy the new coil I wanna test it with a digital meter to make sure its really the problem. Anyone know how to test one with a meter and what would be the normal reading I should get if it was good? If I had the money I would just get the coil on plug setup but I cant afford that right now so I will probably getting a junkyard coil pack for now since I cant find anyone that has one to sell me. It would be awesome if I really didnt have a boost leak and it just turned out that this was the root of all my problems. Wouldnt that be great? Haahaa what am I thinking? Its a DSM... Shits never that easy! LMFAO

January 25, 2012

*Tsk Tsk Tsk* Now she started right up WTF???? Bipolar

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Talon7
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Talon6
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Talon8
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Rim
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Enginebay2
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Enginbay
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Boostguage
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Talon3
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Talon2
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Talon
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Cbr
    Share this post on: reddit

92tsifwd

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:18 pm by 92tsifwd

2-7-12

Yesterday I replaced my fuel pump with an extra one that I had from my spare fuel tank. Popped it in and it fired right up. Tonight I will be throwing new Autolite Platinum spark plugs. Also replaced the battery last week.
    Shake_Zulla

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:07 pm by Shake_Zulla

Is that a Katana in the last pic? If so I have a pic when I get home that you will like.
    92tsifwd

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:42 pm by 92tsifwd

Lol no thats my old 1990 CBR 1000 Hurricane that I had. Dont know how that pic got there lol but oh well. I painted it myself but I needed a motor cuz I sold mine. So I ended up just getting rid of it. Couldnt find a motor.
    92tsifwd

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:43 pm by 92tsifwd

Put the plugs in about an hour ago. Bout to go for a test ride and see if it helped with the studdering issue. If not, them Im at a loss as to what the cause could be.
    AJracer33a

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:35 pm by AJracer33a

Dude, i want your car.
    Shake_Zulla

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:45 pm by Shake_Zulla

Oh haha well here is the pic and anyone who's owned an older street bike knows how heavy they are and how much the brakes suck...
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" 111_1126
    I know how you feel man, had to sell my 08 gsxr 750 to buy a house... loved that bike
    deadazzdsm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:11 pm by deadazzdsm

I am kinda diggin the flat black...Unless I am wrong and its just the pic. I feel ya both, I am trying to find a pic of my bike i wrecked 2 summers ago Sad
    Shake_Zulla

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:18 am by Shake_Zulla

Yeah that was my friends Katana, it's pretty nice but the new super bikes are so awesome its hard to go back... Cheaper but harder...
    deadazzdsm

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:22 am by deadazzdsm

I feel that, I would of bought another one if my family would let me lol
    92tsifwd

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:42 pm by 92tsifwd

Ya I rattle snaked it flat black. Came out pretty nice! Haha also painted the rims and frame gloss red. It was my project I bought for $300. It ran the guy just got a brand new one and could care less about that one. I never did get the chance to ride it. And AJ, my car is for $3k lol. Also that other talon must have sold but heres another that I found. Not too bad. Low mileage which is a plus and you could probably talk him down to 500 cuz you would have to travel for it. Id bring some plugs and a battery with you if I were you.
    http://scranton.craigslist.org/cto/2752531437.html
    92tsifwd

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:43 pm by 92tsifwd

Some guy wanted to trade me an 01 gsxr 600 for my talon....
    AJracer33a

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:04 pm by AJracer33a

That car is a na. But i found this one http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2799147451.html
    92tsifwd

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:18 pm by 92tsifwd

That looks like a good deal. Go for it bro.
    AJracer33a

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:38 am by AJracer33a

Consider it mine!
    92tsifwd

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:21 pm by 92tsifwd

02/11/12

Ok so yesterday I finally made a boost leak tester and found my horrible boost leak. Turns out my side mount was rotting out where the upper hose connects. Anywho, today I took off my front bumper and took off my side mount and discovered the problem. I grinded it down real good with a wire brush and a dremmel then put a nice layer of JB Weld around it to seal it up for now untill next weekend wen I can get my hard piping for my FMIC. I will be installing that probably next weekend. Need a few couplers and odds and ends to put it all together. After I put the JB Weld on I decided I was gonna try and install my tubular headers. Well I ran into a problem after I took my stock header off. Its impossible to install this header. The top 2 bolts on the passenger side that go to into the head WILL NOT FIT into the aftermarket header becuase the pipes are in the way. I tried studs and bolts and neither will fit. I dont know why they would make a header that you cant install????. Anyways the JB Weld has to dry overnight so I will be putting it all back together. I will update more tomorrow. Heres the pics I took from today.

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" 021112130703_01
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" 021112130733_01
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" 021112131045_01
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" 021112134523
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" 021112164807
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" 021112133231_01
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" 021112133324_01
    AJracer33a

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:01 am by AJracer33a

Still cant believe this happened with your smic. Like i said, same exact thing just happened to me except i have several more holes.

Did you try a shorter stud for the header?
    92tsifwd

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:39 pm by 92tsifwd

Nah I havent messed with it anymore. Ill worry about that another time. I dont have much time anymore do work on it. I only have off on sundays and I work half a day on saturdays. I just wanted to get it mostly in running order.
    92tsifwd

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:43 pm by 92tsifwd

OK! Well I put it all back together this morning and fired it up. Seemed the same at idle. So I backed it up about 10 feet in my driveway and I felt a complete difference. NO STUDDERING!!! Now Im just waiting for my cousin to get here so she can take me for a ride in it since my license is suspended. BUT, as soon as we get outta town and on a back road, IM TAKIN THE WHEEL!!!! Hahahaha. I cant wait! Ill post how it ran after I get home later tonight.
    AJracer33a

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:50 pm by AJracer33a

Hope shes a whole new animal for ya. Regardless, she doesnt have a big boost leak anymore and will most likely have some more umph. You should be able to build boost and hold it now. So, boost away my friend.
    92tsifwd

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:37 pm by 92tsifwd

Ya I cant wait to drive her.
    92tsifwd

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:29 pm by 92tsifwd

Well boost leak is fixed! I only found that one so Im assuming thats all but I will be testing it agian probably saturday. But I was still having some studdering problems. So I took out my injectors and checked the O-Rings they were good. I was on the phone with AJ and I was just poking around my engine bay when I found a very huge vacuum leak. Where my shitty tire/boost gauge was tapped in I followed the vacuum line to my intake manifold and sure enough, the little nipple thing thats screws into the manifold was loose as hell. So I took it out and cleaned it up. I put it all back together and fired Ol' Kim up and she actually Idled smooth! Wow! Still idled pretty high though. My cousin came over and she drove me out of town to a back road (since I cant get caught driving in town because all the cops here know me VERY well). I got in the drivers seat and off I went. She ran OK at first but then the studdering came back. Shes got ALOT more snot to her now. I hit 110mph going up a very steep hill and about 120mph around a very sharp turn lol. Pulled in a gas station and let her take the wheel again to take me home. I parked it out front of my house and popped the hood. I hear a very noticable hissing. Has to be load because my factory exhaust is off before the muffle and the car is obnoxiously loud. So I looked around and found another vacuum leak at my BOV. So I went to pull the hose off and it just snapped. It must have been rotted. So Im going to replace all of my vacuum lines this weekend. Also there is 2 vacuum lines that come off of my thermostat housing that are not capped they are just cut? What should I do with those? I dont even know where they go. Advice with that would be great. Also did I mention my wife was in the back seat while I was doing 110 and shes screaming, "Baby your window is popping out!!!!". Lol my passenger side quarter window is just barely hanging on now. Theres no trim pieces around either quarter window on my car. Didnt think it was going to have any effect but Im thinking all the snow and crap weakened the seal so it just broke. Widows currently there but I dont want to drive it again untill its fixed and I gotta buy the trim pieces.
    AJracer33a

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:05 pm by AJracer33a

Post pics of those vacuum lines you are talking about.

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:39 pm by Guest

If there are vacuum leaks, it will show on a boost leak test. Are you spraying soapy water on EVERYTHING and looking for bubbles? Are you pressurizing the system to atleast 15-20psi?
    Shake_Zulla

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 am by Shake_Zulla

Glad you got to drive her, have you asked about the autox thing? Most start up around march/april. Also I'm going to "assume" that you where driving really fast on a "closed coarse" so you aren't braking any laws right? hint hint (new rule)
    92tsifwd

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:02 pm by 92tsifwd

Yes yes of course! Closed course! My bad! Lol.
    And Ill throw some pics up of those lines real quick.
    92tsifwd

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:03 pm by 92tsifwd

Nevermind it will have to wait till tomorrow. Turned around and looked out my bedroom window and holy crap its dark already. Seems like I just got home from work 20 minutes ago. Ahhh thats what 10 hour days will do to ya.
    92tsifwd

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:56 pm by 92tsifwd

And yes I am interested in Auto X but I have a suspended license. So I wanted to know if I would still be able to do that or not.
    92tsifwd

Post Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:37 pm by 92tsifwd

So I put new vacuum line on the BOV and it seemed to help a little bit. Still has studdering issues. Also I forgot to mention a problem that the car has had for a while but I rarely get to drive it so it never comes to mind. When the car warms up, it will stall when you engage the clutch like at a stop sign or something like that. Also when its in neutral. But you start it back up and its good untill you stop again.
    AJracer33a

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:11 pm by AJracer33a

As i told you before, this happened to me a few times. Witj multiple dsms. Result was a failing alternator but supposed it could be anything in the charging system. Like the battery or battery terminals. I would clean your terminals and make sure when you put them back on that they are tight.

There is so many other things that could be causing this issue. I would just start doing some maintenance. NGK plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, have the alternator checked, replace some gaskets like throttle body gaskets for example, things like that.
    92tsifwd

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:09 pm by 92tsifwd

Ok will do. At least I have somewhere to start. I have been doing as much maintenance I can lately. Next thing though is rear rotors deffinately. Then front. Then some other suspension pieces need to be replaced and some new belts. Probably gonna save up and have a new timing belt put on and then go from there.
    AJracer33a

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:24 pm by AJracer33a

What do you mean "have a new timing belt put on"?
    92tsifwd

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:30 pm by 92tsifwd

In your one tech article about doing mantenance you said you should replace the timing belt. So Im gonna go to a shop and have them put a new one on since I cant time an engine and have no idea how to replace a timing belt. Something like that I would have a professional do for me since I neither have the knowlege nor tools.
    AJracer33a

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:36 pm by AJracer33a

Ill do it for uq. And teach you how so after 60,000 miiles you can replace it yourself.
    92tsifwd

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:39 pm by 92tsifwd

Lol well I cant drive it down there so..... You would have to come here and do it lol.
    AJracer33a

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:50 pm by AJracer33a

Ill drive it here lol.
    92tsifwd

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:48 pm by 92tsifwd

No insurance anymore lol. My mother told me it aint allowed to leave my driveway untill its insurance.
    AJracer33a

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:26 pm by AJracer33a

Ahh. Lol well we will figure it out when the time comes.
    92tsifwd

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:04 pm by 92tsifwd

Well today I finally finished up cleaning my interior. I took my seats out saturday, and started vacuuming out my car. Today I put the seats back in and armor all'd my entire interior. And I found a leather interior for her too. Gonna get my exhaust first then gonna save up for the seats. Cant wait!!
    92tsifwd

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:46 pm by 92tsifwd

Got my compression tester yesterday and also got some rust stripper for my rims. My passenger side rotors suck so I got brake dust and rust caked onto my passenger side rims. Im suprised just did a little test to see how good it worked. Let it sit there for 10 minutes and most of the rust litterally just wiped right off. Gonna do my compression test and finish up my rims when its a little warmer outside. Right now its freezing and windy as all hell. Will take before and after pics of the rims as well.
    AJracer33a

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:32 pm by AJracer33a

Hope your compression test goes well...
    deadazzdsm

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:18 pm by deadazzdsm

92tsifwd wrote:Got my compression tester yesterday and also got some rust stripper for my rims. My passenger side rotors suck so I got brake dust and rust caked onto my passenger side rims. Im suprised just did a little test to see how good it worked. Let it sit there for 10 minutes and most of the rust litterally just wiped right off. Gonna do my compression test and finish up my rims when its a little warmer outside. Right now its freezing and windy as all hell. Will take before and after pics of the rims as well.

Sweet, sounds like your working hard on her.
    92tsifwd

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:28 pm by 92tsifwd

Compression test was a FAIL. The tester I rented from autozone was garbage. Anyways took her out of hiding today! Drove her around. Found a vacuum leak at the waste gate actuator and fixed that along with replacing 90% of the vacuum hoses in my car. Shes running pretty nasty now. Shes a whole new monster. Still got some spit and sputter but not nearly as much. Seems to run a little smoother now. Gotta find the other leaks this weekend. Also got my whole charging system checked out at autozone and everything is up to par in that area.
    92tsifwd

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:26 pm by 92tsifwd

Did some more work today. I pulled my muffler off and cut the flanges on both pipes off. Stuck an adapter in there and clamped it on. Thought it would have fixed it but wouldnt you know I found yet another broken exhaust pipe. This one is now at the flange on the rear of the catalytic converter. Lol my problems never cease. First I found a break at the flange at the front of the cat, got that welded. Next found a break at the flange for the muffler, fixed that. Now I have to get the other flange on the cat welded. Ugh
    92tsifwd

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:20 pm by 92tsifwd

So this was a very productive past 2 weeks for myself and my DSM. Got alot of work done. Last week I installed a new fuel filter, replaced all the o-rings on my injectors and the one on the feed line for the fuel rail. I replaced all vacuum lines in the car and rewired them all. They were a mess and all connected in the wrong place. Each thing I fixed helped with the studder slightly. But still couldnt figure it out. On saturday I took a nice 3 1/2 hour trip down to see AJ and take him to get his new DSM. We looked over the car and found out my number 2 cylinder was misfiring. So we were looking at the injector wires but couldnt find anything wrong with the injectors. Then we pulled the number 2 plug wire and sure enough we discovered that it had been arcing. Now how I managed to overlook this problem was beyond me. And plug wires were next on my list to be replaced. AJ donated me a set of NGK wires and just like magic all my problems were gone!!!! This car is a MONSTER! I fell in love all over again. Ive had this car for 5 months and never felt its true power because I have been trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with it. So now that its running perfect I can focus on replacing suspension and brake parts. Today I put a new rotor on my rear passenger side as well as pads. Will be doing the other side next weekend. Found out why my rotor sounded so bad as soon as I pulled the wheel off. There was a pebble stuck inbetween my brake pad and rotor which caused my inner brake pad to dislodge itself and grind on the back of the rotor. The front of the rotor looked fine but thats because you couldnt tell that the back was so worn down that it was litterally thinner than sheet metal. As soon as I pulled it all apart the rotor litterally fell apart into pieces. I have never seen a rotor so messed up before. My inner pad was worn down to nothing on one side. I wish I would have taken pics but I was in a hurry and forgot to. I litterally had half of a brake pad on the inside. It grinded all the way through the pad and through the metal part. It looked like it was cut in half. So now thats fixed. Im gonna focus on the front chassis parts next. Tie rods, ball joints, etc. They are all worn out to the point that when my car boosts its extremely hard to keep it on the road because the steering is so loose that all the torque just cuts the wheel to the right. I almost lost it into the side of a barn this afternoon because of it. So thats deffinately next on the list after I finish the rear breaks. AJ was also kind enough to donate a power steering pump to me as well. Im very grateful to AJ and the guys here at ESD for all of the help I have been getting. Now the fun begins!!!!
    92tsifwd

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:18 pm by 92tsifwd

Update:

Power steering pump and new power steering belt was installed yesterday. Works great!. Priced all my parts for suspension and for everything Im looking at about $400. After that is all taken care of shes going in for paint!
    92tsifwd

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:34 pm by 92tsifwd

Little bit bored when I got home from work today so I decided to fix some odds and ends on the car. I repaited my front bumper which now it looks alot better will post pics tomorrow when I take them. Jacked her up and re-positioned the cut springs because they were all off because of jacking the car up all the time. So it rides a little better now. Did some touch up paint in other areas where the red was showing through. Just a little something to make it look better until it goes in for paint this summer. Also I drilled out the broken screws that are supposed to hold the bumper onto the fenders so it would stop hanging. Got rid of those stupid zip ties. I swear the kid I bought this car from only knows how to use zip ties to fix things. I need to teach him a thing or 2 lol.
    92tsifwd

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:19 pm by 92tsifwd

Update - 4/14/12

Slave cylinder went. Ordered a new one from AutoZone today and will arrive tomorro. I will be replacing it and also making a How to Article with step by step pictures and instructions.
    92tsifwd

Post Sat May 05, 2012 5:29 pm by 92tsifwd

Update : 5/5/12

Today I finally got the transmission pulled out. Turns out the slave cylinder wasnt bad. A piece of the case of the transmission that is in between the input shaft and the throw out bearing had actually snapped off on the inside. So, Im trying to set up something for tomorro to go to Harry's U- Pull it and get a trans. Hopefully they have one. If anyone has one laying around please let me know. Also, I replaced the passenger side tie rod end and also finally Kim has a new fuel door lol. Heres some pics

92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Talon13
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Talon15
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Talon14
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Talon12
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Talon11
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Talon10
    92 Talon TSi FWD - Project "Project STI Eater" Talon9
    AJracer33a

Post Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 pm by AJracer33a

Hope you get a tranny soon and get that 1G up and running.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:38 am