Eat Sleep DSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» "Poison Ivy"
98 GSX rque converter stuck ?? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm by AJracer33a

» Project Onyx
98 GSX rque converter stuck ?? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 pm by Onyx

» Hey Guys
98 GSX rque converter stuck ?? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:25 pm by Onyx

» WOT Tuning Basics
98 GSX rque converter stuck ?? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm by AJracer33a

» new to the forum/me member on fb
98 GSX rque converter stuck ?? EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm by AJracer33a

» DSM beginner
98 GSX rque converter stuck ?? EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:51 pm by AJracer33a

» 4G37 Timing Belt Install Gone Wrong
98 GSX rque converter stuck ?? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 am by SafetyAl

»  '93 7 Bolt 4G63T
98 GSX rque converter stuck ?? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:04 pm by crazyccustoms666

» My DSM History
98 GSX rque converter stuck ?? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm by pointblank9957

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm

2 posters

98 GSX rque converter stuck ??

whiskeythrottle
    whiskeythrottle
    Proven Member
    Proven Member

Car : 1998 GSX

2G 98 GSX rque converter stuck ??

Post by whiskeythrottle Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:53 am

hey guys, it's been a while since I'v been on here. I used to rock a 2g Talon N/A, Now I'v moved up to a GSX. I just got finished building the engine and got it in. Everything was a go until i finally went to start it, it turned MAYBE 1/4 of a revolution and LOCKED right up!! I was quite baffled and pissed. I looked everything over, including removing the oil pan, timing cover, and valve cover to make sure something didn't get dropped in there:suspect: ... everything checked out. SO i decided to remove my transfer case and bottom shield on the transmission to see if everything was good in there. WELLL it all looks good up in there but at the same time something isn't right. I can't unbolt my flexplate due to not being able to turn the engine. So i figured i could pull the engine away from the transmission and have the torque converter come with it, at least then I could get a wrench in from the top side and remove the bolts I cant get to on the flexplate/flywheel. That has also become a problem, with all the transmission bolts out I CAN NOT get the engine to pull away from the transmission, it's actually just bending the flexplate and the torque converter isn't budging a bit, its more or less STUCK. I believe this is where my problem lies, I just dont know where to go from here.  I'v worked on many DSM's and in fact own my own shop now called DSM Auto Performance, I just need a little insight or some second opinions on this. I'm at a standstill..
    A.D.D.
    Proven Member
    Proven Member

Car : 95 TSi AWD

2G Re: 98 GSX rque converter stuck ??

Post by A.D.D. Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:49 pm

unbolt the front subframe and remove it all as one piece.  then try to separate them once you have more space.
    whiskeythrottle
    whiskeythrottle
    Proven Member
    Proven Member

Car : 1998 GSX

Post by whiskeythrottle Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:03 pm

i finally got the engine out, after a few hours of fighting I got the flywheel/torque converter to turn (verrry verry hard tho) after removing the engine I realized the front pump is shot, I made a huge mistake when i put the engine in (the torque converter wasn't in all the way when i thought it was.) when i got the engine in the torque converter slammed into place (it made a loud POP) and broke the front pump. I'v got it apart now, i'm currently looking for a front pump OR a used AWD tranny!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 pm