Eat Sleep DSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» "Poison Ivy"
How To: Clutch Pedal Adjustment EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm by AJracer33a

» Project Onyx
How To: Clutch Pedal Adjustment EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 pm by Onyx

» Hey Guys
How To: Clutch Pedal Adjustment EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:25 pm by Onyx

» WOT Tuning Basics
How To: Clutch Pedal Adjustment EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm by AJracer33a

» new to the forum/me member on fb
How To: Clutch Pedal Adjustment EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm by AJracer33a

» DSM beginner
How To: Clutch Pedal Adjustment EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:51 pm by AJracer33a

» 4G37 Timing Belt Install Gone Wrong
How To: Clutch Pedal Adjustment EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 am by SafetyAl

»  '93 7 Bolt 4G63T
How To: Clutch Pedal Adjustment EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:04 pm by crazyccustoms666

» My DSM History
How To: Clutch Pedal Adjustment EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm by pointblank9957

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm

How To: Clutch Pedal Adjustment

AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Car : 95 Talon TSi AWD

How To: Clutch Pedal Adjustment Empty How To: Clutch Pedal Adjustment

Post by AJracer33a Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:32 pm

If you have installed a new aftermarket clutch, or changed out your master cylinder and are experiencing clutch issues with engagement/disengagement this is for you.

Tools:
    Slave cylinder buddy
    12mm wrench
    14mm wrench
    pliers if applicable

Step 1: Push your driver seat back and crawl under your dash. Locate your clutch pedal. If you cannot find it, don't even attempt this. lol.

Step 2. Locate the clutch switch (the sensor most people disconnect for starting the car without the clutch). You will see it has a threaded part that threads into the clutch pedal assembly, with a locknut. Get your 14mm wrench and loosen the lock nut.

Step 3: What you want to do, is get a hold of the sensor and go in the direction of LOOSENING the sensor from the clutch assembly. Back it out far enough so when the pedal comes up, it just barely triggers the sensor. The black part that hits the pedal depresses. Do it so the black part is just getting depressed. Tighten the lock nut. What you just did is adjust the pedal height. The reason for doing this is to get a FULL sweep of the pedal, thus making the master cylinder get as much fluid to the slave as possible to COMPLETELY engage the pressure plate.

How To: Clutch Pedal Adjustment 251CFBC7-B026-4C9B-98E3-521E25E47917-27476-0000120D95352EA4_zpsc00ace36

Step 4: Install your slave cylinder buddy to the front of your vehicle looking down at the clutch fork and slave cylinder rod.

Step 5: Locate the master cylinder rod behind the clutch pedal. It will be a long rod coming out of the firewall with a lock nut at the other end. Get your 12mm wrench and loosen the lock nut. (refer to the above picture)

Step 6: Have your slave cylinder buddy press the clutch fork towards the slave cylinder, It should depress the slave cylinder rod. Do a full turn CLOCKWISE (Tighten) of the master cylinder rod. Haveyour buddy press the clutch fork again. Do this ONE FULL TURN at a time
    until your buddy can no longer push the clutch fork in.

Step 7: When you get to the point where your buddy can no longer push the clutch fork, STOP TURNING the master cylinder rod. What you have done is completely blocked off the slave cylinder bleeder valve. This valve is what the slave cylinder uses to auto adjust due to clutch wear. Loosen the master cylinder rod a HALF TURN and have your buddy check the clutch
    fork. If he cannot press it still, do another HALF turn, and have him check. When he can press the clutch fork in again, tighten the lock nut.You're done.

Pump up the clutch pedal a few times and see how it feels. Take it for a drive and you should notice an instance difference. I did this on mine and can feel the clutch getting fully engaged. This should help with clutch slip and weird issues. This will work with any car with a hydraulic clutch system.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 am