Eat Sleep DSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» "Poison Ivy"
FWD Drag Racing Techniques, Setups, Adjustments, etc. EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm by AJracer33a

» Project Onyx
FWD Drag Racing Techniques, Setups, Adjustments, etc. EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 pm by Onyx

» Hey Guys
FWD Drag Racing Techniques, Setups, Adjustments, etc. EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:25 pm by Onyx

» WOT Tuning Basics
FWD Drag Racing Techniques, Setups, Adjustments, etc. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm by AJracer33a

» new to the forum/me member on fb
FWD Drag Racing Techniques, Setups, Adjustments, etc. EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm by AJracer33a

» DSM beginner
FWD Drag Racing Techniques, Setups, Adjustments, etc. EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:51 pm by AJracer33a

» 4G37 Timing Belt Install Gone Wrong
FWD Drag Racing Techniques, Setups, Adjustments, etc. EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 am by SafetyAl

»  '93 7 Bolt 4G63T
FWD Drag Racing Techniques, Setups, Adjustments, etc. EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:04 pm by crazyccustoms666

» My DSM History
FWD Drag Racing Techniques, Setups, Adjustments, etc. EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm by pointblank9957

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm

FWD Drag Racing Techniques, Setups, Adjustments, etc.

AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Car : 95 Talon TSi AWD

FWD Drag Racing Techniques, Setups, Adjustments, etc. Empty FWD Drag Racing Techniques, Setups, Adjustments, etc.

Post by AJracer33a Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:46 pm

LET'S TALK DRAG RACING

I have been searching on the web for the last few weeks for some good information about setups, techniques, adjustments, etc. for the FWD at the strip.

Most of the stuff I found is common sense stuff like lowering the tire pressure, removing weight, etc.

I have raced my TSi at the track the last 2 weeks that the track ran (3 weeks ago, then rained out, then raced this past Friday).

I have:
    -Lowered the front tire pressure to 15psi in the left front and 17 psi in the right front (un-equal length axle shaft experiment).
    -Removed everything out of the hatch (spare tire, tools, parts, etc. Probably 100lbs worth of stuff while daily driving)
    -Removed the passenger side headlight (for direct flow to the air filter).

This past Friday, my best E.T. timeslip is as follows:
    Reaction- .7409
    60'- 2.2821
    330'- 6.2453
    1/8 Mile ET- 9.3950
    1/8 Mile MPH- 79.10

I hit fuel cut on almost every pass. Long story, but I cannot go WOT or else I will hit fuel cut instantly. That is another story.

The above timeslip information came from a Pro Tree (track official called it 4-10's?). Late in the evening, there weren't many people running during test and tune since a lot of the drivers headed home early. So the last hour or so, I ran probably 6 times (probably heat-soaking at this pace).

Anyway, I got up to the staging lane and the track official said the official in the tower wanted to know if I wanted to run the Pro Tree (jokingly). I said why not? Ironically, this is where I made my quickest time of the night.

I am really getting into this whole drag racing thing. So I would like some information about how to remove a few tenths from my ET. I know this could prove to be very useful for others.

Btw, the track I race at is 1/8 mile only.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:45 am