Eat Sleep DSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» "Poison Ivy"
Visual Parts Location EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm by AJracer33a

» Project Onyx
Visual Parts Location EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 pm by Onyx

» Hey Guys
Visual Parts Location EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:25 pm by Onyx

» WOT Tuning Basics
Visual Parts Location EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm by AJracer33a

» new to the forum/me member on fb
Visual Parts Location EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm by AJracer33a

» DSM beginner
Visual Parts Location EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:51 pm by AJracer33a

» 4G37 Timing Belt Install Gone Wrong
Visual Parts Location EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 am by SafetyAl

»  '93 7 Bolt 4G63T
Visual Parts Location EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:04 pm by crazyccustoms666

» My DSM History
Visual Parts Location EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm by pointblank9957

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm

4 posters

Visual Parts Location

AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Car : 95 Talon TSi AWD

Visual Parts Location Empty Visual Parts Location

Post by AJracer33a Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:52 pm

I forget what it was called, but there used to be a site that had pics of an engine bay (both 1G and 2G) that
    showed you where parts were located on the engine. The site shut down and (to my knowledge) is still shut down. Regardless,
    I would like to make something like this here at Eat Sleep DSM.

This is how I want it to work. First, get an engine bay shot of each car. We will use a 1G turbo DSM as the
    example. Then we make 4 quadrants in this engine bay pic. Top left, bottom left, top right, bottom right. Click the area in
    which the part you are looking for is located.

The next page will come up. This will have a close up picture of the area you selected on the previous page.
    From here, there will be a dot on every single part that is shown in this picture. Say you click on the dot
    that is on the Cam Angle Sensor. Next page comes up, gives you a picture of the CAS, tells you what it does,
    how to diagnose problems with the CAS, how to remove/replace it, etc.

This will be the same for every single part. This will become very useful for any member. The point of this
    on the other site was to help locate a certain part and/or if you didn't know what something was, you find it on the picture and click on it. But, it was very basic. We plan to make a little more advanced version of this.

When something is created, there is a name given. I want to come up with a name for this that will stick. Maybe make it into a really easy to remember acronym.

I plan to do this for a 1G turbo, 1G NA, 1G 1.8L, 2G turbo, 2G 420A, 2G 4G64, Evo IV through IX 4G63, and whatever other DSM we can. We will need people to chime in and help. If you want to use your DSM as the donor for the pics, you must have a clean, lightly modified engine bay, a good camera, and able to follow directions.

Let me know what you guys thing about this. Also if you want to use your car as a canidate, let me know as well.
    Shake_Zulla
    Shake_Zulla
    Admin
    Admin

Car : 96 RS

Visual Parts Location Empty Re: Visual Parts Location

Post by Shake_Zulla Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:55 am

Yeah thanks for posting this AJ because we will want to get pictures of cars that are as close to stock as possible. If you have a stock car please contact us so we can instruct you on what we need.
    92tsifwd
    92tsifwd
    ESD Moderator
    ESD Moderator

Car : 92 Talon TSi FWD

Post by 92tsifwd Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:25 pm

My car is stock. Clean engine bay.....not so much lol. Its a very good idea. Also once it all gets figured out there should be an underneath of engine compartment view and also something along the lines of when the motor is out. Every part. Call it. DSM Anatomy. If we can get as detailed as possible with this sort of thing, I bet it would take off and alot of people will want to use it and also it could help ALOT of the intermediate guys like myself. It would be awesome if I could know where everysingle part is located in and out of my engine and transmission, and how it works, without ever having to take it apart.. Should also do something for the suspension as well. And when you click the part, should tell you how to remove it, what else needs to be removed in order to remove that part, and have a link to the other part if theres one that will need to be removed first. For electrical parts, there should be something that tells you the correct voltage or resistance that particular part should have so you can test it with a digital meter and know right away if its good or bad. I can think of alot of things that we could add to it. But we gotta get the basic layout completed first. I will be more than happy to help out with this as much as possible. I cant wait untill this is started and because I know I can really use something like this.
    Shake_Zulla
    Shake_Zulla
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Shake_Zulla Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:35 am

I will help wherever I can but my engine bay is not stock. I could do something else like exterior though...
    AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AJracer33a Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:45 am

Yea why stop at just engine parts? It will take some time but if we can get this very advanced, the end result will be very helpful and get us a lot of traffic here at esd. Also, i like "dsm anatomy".
    92Laser
    92Laser

Car : 1992 Plymouth Laser RS-T

Post by 92Laser Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:19 pm

I think you guys are talking about this...
    http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Engineprimer/

A great help for the new DSM'er
    AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AJracer33a Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:59 pm

That was it! The site would be down every other week and change domains. I have about 6 different links saved in my bookmarks. Then I decided to make my own and take it further.
    92Laser
    92Laser

Car : 1992 Plymouth Laser RS-T

Post by 92Laser Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:34 pm

If there is anything I can do to help with throttle, I would love to help you guys.
    AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AJracer33a Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 pm

There is a lot you can do to help. There is a "THROTTLE" forum on here. You can make a writeup on a specific part. If I think it is informative and helpful AND grammatically correct, I will add it. Must have pics too.
    Shake_Zulla
    Shake_Zulla
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Shake_Zulla Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:48 pm

We need to have people post pics of their cars so we can decide if they are clean enough to add to the program...
    AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AJracer33a Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:05 pm

Shake_Zulla wrote:We need to have people post pics of their cars so we can decide if they are clean enough to add to the program...

Yes, indeed. I need several different cars to add yet. But I think I am going to finish what is already started before I make more.

If your doing write ups on specific parts, as long as the part in the pictures are clean and not broken or missing pieces, it will work for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:44 pm