Eat Sleep DSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» "Poison Ivy"
Lindsay Slohan EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm by AJracer33a

» Project Onyx
Lindsay Slohan EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 pm by Onyx

» Hey Guys
Lindsay Slohan EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:25 pm by Onyx

» WOT Tuning Basics
Lindsay Slohan EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm by AJracer33a

» new to the forum/me member on fb
Lindsay Slohan EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm by AJracer33a

» DSM beginner
Lindsay Slohan EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:51 pm by AJracer33a

» 4G37 Timing Belt Install Gone Wrong
Lindsay Slohan EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 am by SafetyAl

»  '93 7 Bolt 4G63T
Lindsay Slohan EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:04 pm by crazyccustoms666

» My DSM History
Lindsay Slohan EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm by pointblank9957

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm

Lindsay Slohan

deadazzdsm
    deadazzdsm
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Car : 1996 Eclipse RS

Lindsay Slohan Empty Lindsay Slohan

Post by deadazzdsm

When I bought this car...I really wasn't thinking project. I was thinking coil, cam sensor maybe some plugs and paint. Ahhhh DSM true and true. So therefore unknowing to me...I have a project. I decided after the 40 hrs plus I have put into just trying to figure out this "no spark demon" that I might as well be thorough and make the car exactly how I want it. So to begin this project..I need to get it to run. As I said before or as you may have seen by my posts on 54387872134 different forums. I have a no spark issue. Not a... but "The" curse of the no spark issue. My obvious goal is to get it running so I can see what else is wrong with it. The engine bay is a complete mess. And the true ricer owner before me has some horrible interior painting skills, exterior damage including my now silver GST front bumper as he apparently left the after market bumper on a pleasantly high curb Surprised Tomorrow I will get pics of the entire exterior, interior, and engine bay. I also plan on getting under neath it but fact of the matter is the car is dropped so low its nearly impossible. (try changing a crank sensor.....I DARE YOU) I hope to keep this updated as much as possible and during this long cold winter here in NY I hope to get a lot done by spring time. Hope to keep you readers entertained and maybe we can help each other out with some things.

My Goals:
    1. Get it running
    2. She's been named Lindsay Lohan,,and she needs REHAB
    3. Engine bay. (dirty, wiring harness is a mess, engine looks like crap)
    4. Engine Rebuilt: (I plan on boosting this 420a, Gonna have to make sure she will hold)
    5. Boooooooost. (Id like to run 350-400 hp tops. I am realistic its a 420a)
    6. Paint, new front bumper. Exterior completely.( I do like the halo projectors but those altezza tail lights have got to go. I'm thinking LED all around)
    7. Interior. ( Was attacked by a redneck ricer. IF you have never seen a redneck ricer you most certainly will after I get the pics.)

I do not plan to do anything in order, Just a lil bit here and there as I go so by no means will I be bored. I'll post the pics and current mods real soon. TY for reading and hopefully I can make this WTF! a "WTH....was that?"

Share this post on: reddit

deadazzdsm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:57 am by deadazzdsm

Lindsay Slohan 102_0040
    deadazzdsm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:58 am by deadazzdsm

Lindsay Slohan 102_0041

I will never understand the obsession with Altezza tails, I will either go back to OEM or maybe some black housing LED's.

Last edited by deadazzdsm on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    deadazzdsm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:58 am by deadazzdsm

Lindsay Slohan 100_0061-1
    deadazzdsm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:59 am by deadazzdsm

Lindsay Slohan 100_0062
    deadazzdsm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:59 am by deadazzdsm

Lindsay Slohan 100_0069
    deadazzdsm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:00 am by deadazzdsm

Lindsay Slohan 100_0068

I love wiring, but this....there is just no reason for.

Last edited by deadazzdsm on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    deadazzdsm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:01 am by deadazzdsm

Lindsay Slohan 100_0067

Really? WTH!

Last edited by deadazzdsm on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    deadazzdsm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:01 am by deadazzdsm

Lindsay Slohan 100_0064

You can't really tell by this pic but the Interior paint does not look that good, Spotted, it looks like it needs about 2 more coats, and he probably should of got some gloss on there.
    deadazzdsm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:10 am by deadazzdsm

And of course, the reason why she wouldn't fire up. Timing belt broke and my cams are seized. Now of course the dealership has estimated $2150 in repairs. AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA silly dealerships, that's for a new complete head, timing belt kit, gasket kit. and 8 hours of labor! So after mentioning to them I could buy a new crate motor partially built for that price, I quickly towed Lindsay (for the third time) the hell out of there! Ive also started ordering parts.

So far I have schedule for delivery:

Parts Dinosaur:
    Gates Timing kit: belt, tensioner, idler and water pump.
    Felpro Upper Gasket Kit

CI motorsports:
    Gates Racing Timing belt: (The beautiful blue one, I don't want to run the one in the kit, but that was the cheapest and best kit IMO.)

ARP Headstuds

Clegg Complete Head...... For the same price minus cams I could of bought a stage 1 head but again IMO the 420a is well ported and stage 1 porting will not make a major difference.

Total Price: $891 Eat that dealerships!

deadazzdsm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:14 am by deadazzdsm

As of today all parts have been ordered and delivered. I am letting the dealership install everything, as the cost of towing..parking...blah blah. Which kind of sucks since I wont be able to get any pics until she is done :/ I just got my upper gasket kit....All FEL-PRO with of course the MLS gasket. I also got a Gates water pump with my kit. Got to love rockauto.com prices. I painted my 2ga bumper over the weekend, I'll get some pics up of that. Haven't decided if I am doing a 2gb conversion up there or not. I seen a 2GA with a splitter kit and I was amazingly surprised with how good it looked.
    92tsifwd

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:42 am by 92tsifwd

Sounds like Lindsay is finally getting her rehab. BTW the real Lidsay has been back to the partying last I heard. She may need some rehab again LMFAO.
    AJracer33a

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:51 am by AJracer33a

Glad you are making progress! I wad wondering when id see ya on the site again. Cant wait to see your next update. Btw, i vote 2gb conversion. Better yet, 2gb talon conversion!
    deadazzdsm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:51 pm by deadazzdsm

Ahh I never left bro, I would check the site from time to time but was extremely busy, but I am back!
    Shake_Zulla

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:15 am by Shake_Zulla

Yeah man good to see you will get her running soon. I fixed some of your pictures, this site uses the img code from photobucket. BTW... that is a red dash... and I mean red, if you want a pro job done on it I would suggest uninstalling is and stripping the paint. Maybe dying it with some vinyl dye or pulling a dash out at a junk yard. Its a pain but you can uninstall it.
    deadazzdsm

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:36 am by deadazzdsm

Been a long wait, to get her running, I just checked my title, and it was issued oct 25th. That's how long I have been waiting lol. I kind of like the red/black theme that was started. So i think I am going to sand her down and redo the entire interior. There is a lot of stains etc, I already did all the carpet with flat back. Which came out pretty awesome IMO. Looks new. The exterior is a whole another story. I think I am going to keep the rear bumper and side skirts. The front bumper I am leaning more towards a eclipse 2gb. I like the talon's but it is a little too pointy for me. I think E-2gb with a lip or splitter kit. And of course a paint job, which is going to be an issue. Mostly cause I have all my money sunk into this rebuild I doubt I will be able to get a professional paint job any time soon.
    deadazzdsm

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:29 pm by deadazzdsm

Shake_Zulla wrote:Yeah man good to see you will get her running soon. I fixed some of your pictures, this site uses the img code from photobucket. BTW... that is a red dash... and I mean red, if you want a pro job done on it I would suggest uninstalling is and stripping the paint. Maybe dying it with some vinyl dye or pulling a dash out at a junk yard. Its a pain but you can uninstall it.

Thanks for fixing my pics, Ill sure be trying the pro way, cant have her looking like a mess all the time Smile
    deadazzdsm

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:39 pm by deadazzdsm

2/24/2012

She is BACK! She runs, She DRIVES.

Man is that shifter stiff............I have a hard time getting her in the right gears. Lube will hopefully free her up. She also has been sitting for most of 2011.

I didn't really have a chance to get on her, snowing here so 35 was tops.

I was so excited to pick her up. I haven't felt this Giddy since....well since my beautiful daughter was born. Very thankful I have a forgiving and understanding Girlfriend, Been a long process, but she's built...and runs great. Best part is...there is now 7 miles on a fresh rebuilt engine...with extras of course.

Purchase Price: $1300
    Labor: $1372
    Parts: $2189

So for now, she is parked...waiting for the snow to disappear. I will probably start her interior rework in the next few days Smile

Id like to get her on a dyno also. Like to see where I am at with the motor as it is now before she gets a turbo.

I am kicking myself in the butt though. Should of told them to paint the motor while they had it out and broken down. O well...just another project for me. Smile

Shake_Zulla

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:16 pm by Shake_Zulla

Nice man! Ya the trans in the 420a sucks for snow... They built it to be a torque machine because the NA is less hp than the gst/x cousins.
    deadazzdsm

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:45 pm by deadazzdsm

SO drove her for a week, Had to have her towed again, huge cloud of smoke behind me. Was worried something internal like valve seals went, so before doing any damage I had her towed. Turns out my oil sending unit went and was spewing oil all up on the exhaust. Figured I might as well do my egr valve at the same time, so add another 500 to her lol. She is quick. Rolling about 72 down the highway, a Rx8 decided he wanted to do a quick run, OF course there was no start just him hitting the gas taking off, and me noticing, well not only did I catch up, I put a damper on his ego, right afterwords I let him pass me, and he wouldn't even look. Straight ahead tunnel vision. I toyed with him for a minute, before letting him get familiar with my tail lights again. She made me proud Smile

I will be moving this week, but afterwards I plan to dig back into her. I have already painted my front bumper to match the rest of the car, until I get a 2gb. Just had her oil changed...yes already. Currently I have about 700, I really wanted to wait till I hit 1,000 miles for the break in before I got on her, but Mr Rx8 was begging for it, and I got lead in my shoes.
    92tsifwd

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:50 pm by 92tsifwd

Wow! Bought time you got it running! Sucks with the minor setback. Hope you get her going again.

Post  by Sponsored content