Eat Sleep DSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» "Poison Ivy"
How to remove fuel rail EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm by AJracer33a

» Project Onyx
How to remove fuel rail EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 pm by Onyx

» Hey Guys
How to remove fuel rail EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:25 pm by Onyx

» WOT Tuning Basics
How to remove fuel rail EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm by AJracer33a

» new to the forum/me member on fb
How to remove fuel rail EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm by AJracer33a

» DSM beginner
How to remove fuel rail EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:51 pm by AJracer33a

» 4G37 Timing Belt Install Gone Wrong
How to remove fuel rail EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 am by SafetyAl

»  '93 7 Bolt 4G63T
How to remove fuel rail EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:04 pm by crazyccustoms666

» My DSM History
How to remove fuel rail EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm by pointblank9957

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm

How to remove fuel rail

AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Car : 95 Talon TSi AWD

How to remove fuel rail Empty How to remove fuel rail

Post by AJracer33a Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Tools Needed:
    - 3/8” Ratchet
    - Ratchet extensions (3” or 6”)
    - 12mm Socket (3/8” drive)
    - 10mm wrench
    - Needle nose pliers
    - Flat-head screwdriver
    - Several rags or hand towels

Step 1: Disconnecting Your Battery
    Any time you are handling the fuel system, you should disconnect your battery. Doing so will prevent any sparking which could lead to a hazardous fire.

Step 2: Relieving Your Fuel Pressure
    Relieving fuel pressure from the fuel system is a great idea. Doing so will minimize the amount of fuel that will leak when removing your fuel rail. There are several ways to do this. The easiest I found on my 1G Talon TSi AWD is by disconnecting your fuel pump. On the 1G and 2G AWD DSM’s, you are able to access the fuel pump from inside the hatch. Just simply unplug the fuel pump. On FWD’s, you will have to do this from underneath the vehicle. Once the fuel pump is unplugged, start the car and it will stall after a few seconds. This will ensure there is no fuel in the lines. To find out how to relieve the fuel system on your car, do a search for more information.

Step 3: Unplugging the Fuel Injector Clips
    The fuel injector clips should have a metal clip that looks like part of a paper clip. These are very fragile and break over time. If yours are not broke and still function properly, be very careful when removing them. There are a few different ways to remove the clip. The easiest method I have found is by simply using a flat-head screwdriver.

How to remove fuel rail Injector1

Step 4: Removing Vacuum Lines
    Next, you will need to remove any vacuum lines connected to the fuel rail or in your way. At a minimum, you will need to remove the vacuum line on the driver side end of the fuel rail and the vacuum line that goes to the intake manifold. You should have small hose clamps on these vacuum lines. Use your needle nose pliers to take the clamps off.

Step 5: Removing the Fuel Rail Fittings
    Mounted on each end of the fuel rail are fuel rail fittings which need to be removed. Each fuel rail fitting has (2) 10mm bolts. Remove these bolts using either a 10mm wrench or a 10mm socket on a ¼” drive ratchet. Depending on whether or not you relieved the fuel pressure from the fuel system as stated in step 2, there may be fuel that will leak out of the fuel rail fittings when separating them from the fuel rail. Just in case, have rags in standby.

How to remove fuel rail Fuelrailfitting1

How to remove fuel rail Fuelrailfitting2

Step 6: Removing the Fuel Rail
    You are now ready to remove the fuel rail. On the top of the fuel rail are (3) 12mm bolts. These bolts not only hold the fuel rail to the cylinder head, but support the cruise control cable (if equipped). Once all (3) of these bolts are removed, carefully lift the fuel rail up out. Make sure you do not damage the fuel injectors and that the injectors do not fall out of the fuel rail.

How to remove fuel rail FuelRail1EDITED

Installation is reverse of removal.

NOTE: Any time you are taking the fuel rail out of the car, you are going to need to replace the injector o-rings. Not doing so may prevent a huge leak and your car will run extremely poor. This should never be overlooked. This would also be a good time to replace the fuel injector insulators and fuel rail absorbers. The insulators go into the tip of the cylinder head. The absorbers are the big plastic/rubber pieces that the fuel rail rests on.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:33 pm