Eat Sleep DSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» "Poison Ivy"
2014 East Coast Shootout EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm by AJracer33a

» Project Onyx
2014 East Coast Shootout EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 pm by Onyx

» Hey Guys
2014 East Coast Shootout EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:25 pm by Onyx

» WOT Tuning Basics
2014 East Coast Shootout EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm by AJracer33a

» new to the forum/me member on fb
2014 East Coast Shootout EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm by AJracer33a

» DSM beginner
2014 East Coast Shootout EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:51 pm by AJracer33a

» 4G37 Timing Belt Install Gone Wrong
2014 East Coast Shootout EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 am by SafetyAl

»  '93 7 Bolt 4G63T
2014 East Coast Shootout EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:04 pm by crazyccustoms666

» My DSM History
2014 East Coast Shootout EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm by pointblank9957

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm

2014 East Coast Shootout

AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Car : 95 Talon TSi AWD

News 2014 East Coast Shootout

Post by AJracer33a Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:17 pm

The East Coast Shootout (ECSO) was born in the early 2000's and was last held in Englishtown, NJ at Englishtown Dragway. It has been several years since the event but Jeremy Chaplin and Chris Ginev are bringing it back.

From my perspective, the ECSO is a much needed event for the DSM Community. It gives us another big DSM event for the year, the other event being the Buschur DSM Shootout, of course. Many fellow DSM'ers cannot attend the DSM Shootout because of the location being so far from their hometown.

For most of us on the east coast, the ECSO will be held right down the road. This years ECSO will be held at Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, Maryland. Several DSM'ers attending the event race at Cecil County Dragway on a weekly basis anyway. 

The event is already more than we could have asked for. Things are looking absolutely great. Jeremy Chapllin launched the East Coast Shootout Facebook page and gained over 500 likes in less than 24 hours and over 800 likes in less than a week. That number is still growing to this day. Not only were they getting the page likes, but they were also getting people wanting to pre-register before the location of the event was even determined.

In my opinion and why I feel this event is such an impact on our community, I foresee the DSM Shootout pulling away from DSM's in the next 10-15 years. First it was the DSM Shootout, then it became the DSM/EVO Shootout, then what it is known as today which is the DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout.

The reasoning behind including the GTR's is understandable and is a business aspect. There just isn't any money in DSM's anymore. All of the shops that opened up long ago were DSM specific. But that was over 15 years ago. The GTR's are the next big thing and are amazing machines. Buschur Racing, Street Tuned Motorsports, Shep Racing, all of the big name racing shops/organizations that brang the DSM community where it is today, are going where the money is. If not, they wouldn't be able to keep business flow.

The guys behind the East Coast Shootout, don't have to worry about this. They aren't a business or racing team. They are just like us. Which is why I think that the ECSO is the future of our community. I am thrilled to death about the return of the event and I am so motivated to put a car together for it. Thanks guys!

More information about the East Coast Shootout can be accessible via www.eastcoastshootout.com

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:21 am