Eat Sleep DSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» "Poison Ivy"
Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm by AJracer33a

» Project Onyx
Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 pm by Onyx

» Hey Guys
Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:25 pm by Onyx

» WOT Tuning Basics
Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm by AJracer33a

» new to the forum/me member on fb
Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen? EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm by AJracer33a

» DSM beginner
Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen? EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:51 pm by AJracer33a

» 4G37 Timing Belt Install Gone Wrong
Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 am by SafetyAl

»  '93 7 Bolt 4G63T
Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:04 pm by crazyccustoms666

» My DSM History
Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm by pointblank9957

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm

5 posters

Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen?

AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Car : 95 Talon TSi AWD

Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen? Empty Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen?

Post by AJracer33a Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:44 am

So, what is the best/most unique $10 and under mod you have ever seen/done and why?

Mine would have to be....emissions delete. It's cheap, just need to buy some caps for the ports on the TB and intake pipe, cleans up the engine bay quite a bit, and you don't have to worry about having all of those vacuum lines leaking. You will also get a few more in/hg of vacuum. You should also have a slight improvement in gas mileage.

This is definitely not unique by any means as it is quite popular, but it is definitely the best IMO.

Most unique for me would have to be using the 3G eclipse rear sway bar and rear control arms in your 2G. If you have to buy them at a JY, it will be more than $10 but maybe you have a friend with a 3G eclipse rotting in the weeds.

I wanna hear your opinions!
    93blackeclipse
    93blackeclipse
    Proven Member
    Proven Member

Car : 1993 eclipse 4g63nt

Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen? Empty Re: Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen?

Post by 93blackeclipse Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:10 am

Mine would also be the emissions delete, another cheap mod would be deleting the balance shafts only have to buy a stub shaft, and one freeze plug. Than you dont have to worry about your balance shaft belt taking out your timing belt. Hacked aircan would be another one.
    AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen? Empty Re: Best/most unique "free mod" you've ever done/seen?

Post by AJracer33a Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:44 am

93blackeclipse wrote:Mine would also be the emissions delete, another cheap mod would be deleting the balance shafts only have to buy a stub shaft, and one freeze plug. Than you dont have to worry about your balance shaft belt taking out your timing belt. Hacked aircan would be another one.

Forgot about this one. People are forever spinning their balance shaft bearings which results in damage to the bottom end.
    93blackeclipse
    93blackeclipse
    Proven Member
    Proven Member

Post by 93blackeclipse Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Yep. I think its a good idea if your rebuilding a block. Just knowing its one less thing that can take your timing belt out. I thing it took about 30 minutes to do it. For1gs Another one would be removing the honey comb in the maf. You can also open up the fender liner to get more air to the intecooler. You shud also clean out your throttle body. But thats more like maintence, but it is importnant to do maintence FIRST.
    AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AJracer33a Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Yea maintenance is key.
    93blackeclipse
    93blackeclipse
    Proven Member
    Proven Member

Post by 93blackeclipse Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Also re-wiring the fuel pump seems common too.
    dizzzzum
    dizzzzum
    ESD Moderator
    ESD Moderator

Car : 93 Eagle Talon TSI Awd

Post by dizzzzum Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Mine was a free hallman pro manual boost controller lol
    dizzzzum
    dizzzzum
    ESD Moderator
    ESD Moderator

Post by dizzzzum Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:12 pm

I know this sounds ricer but lowering springs are expensive for 1gs. But cutting your springs is free for about a inch and a half drop. As long as you do it right you don't have to worry about your tires.
    AJracer33a
    AJracer33a
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AJracer33a Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:51 pm

It's very unsafe though. Kurt's 1G came with cut springs. Thing is a nightmare to drive.
    Shake_Zulla
    Shake_Zulla
    Admin
    Admin

Car : 96 RS

Post by Shake_Zulla Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:08 pm

Spring cutting our cars is an 'all show no go'. Personally I would take stock suspension over improved struts with cut springs, but I'm into quick corners.
    Shake_Zulla
    Shake_Zulla
    Admin
    Admin

Car : 96 RS

Post by Shake_Zulla Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:15 pm

My under $10 mod is painting the chrome insert inside the head light assembly.
    dizzzzum
    dizzzzum
    ESD Moderator
    ESD Moderator

Post by dizzzzum Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:29 pm

My car handles amazing with cut springs I take corners harrrrd lol. I cut mine exactly one spring higher so it will sit in the hat just like it did with the extra spring. I dont have to worry about it coming out when I hit a bump or something.
    dsmspyder
    dsmspyder

Car : DSMSPYDER

Post by dsmspyder Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:50 am

Not really a performance mod, but the clutch switch delete for starting. Hard wiring of power windows, for use w/o keys. clean the TB and I/c piping. Also verify WOT on TB while I'm there or adjust accordingly. This is a Spyder mod but the top speed sensor delete is very nice also. I also mounted a fre leds for under the hood as well for extra lighting.  

Minus TB gasket and led hood lamp, these are all free mods.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:38 am